According to Google/Ipsos, The Role of Click to Call in the Path to Purchase publication, 70% of mobile searches call a business directly from the search results. The growing demand to accommodate to smartphone users’ preferences has led Google AdWords to introduce call only advertisements. These advertisements are specifically designed to show on mobile devices and initiate a call to the business, rather than send prospects to a website landing page. This helps advertisers create an easy way for customers to connect directly with the business.
Call only ads include the business’s phone number, a brief description of the business, and or a call-to-action, and call button. Common creative examples may include “speak to a licensed professional today” or “call to make an appointment.”
In order to create an AdWords call-only campaign:
- Click the Settings tab for your new campaign.
- Change the campaign type to Call-only.
- Click Edit next to any additional campaign settings you’d like to change.
- Navigate to the Ads tab and remove all ads.
- Click + Ad and create new ads using the new call-only ad template.
- Click Save when you’re done.