Google Grants – AdWords for Non-Profits
Google has developed a reputation as one of the primary philanthropic organizations catering to developing nations and non-profit initiatives. Several departments have aimed to reign in on the growing digital divide. With that goal in mind, we thought that we would offer a bit of information on how one the many magnanimous Google programs has devoted itself to charitable organizations worldwide.
In an effort to improve non-profit organization’s visibility on the web, Google Grants has vowed to provide $10,000 per month of in-kind AdWords advertising for those organizations classified under the 501 ©(3) non-profit. That’s equivalent to about $329 per day of advertising. These Google Grant awardees are able to spend a maximum of $2.00 per click, and are stipulated to keyword targeted text ad campaigns. Below is a list of non-profit industries that have passed for a Google Grant.
- Arts culture & humanities
- Community improvement & capacity building
- Crime & legal related
- Diseases disorders & medical disciplines
- Food agriculture & nutrition
- Human Services
- International Human Rights
- International foreign affairs & national security
- Mental health & crisis intervention
- Non-profit services
- Philanthropy voluntarism & grantmaking foundations
- Public & societal benefit
- Public safety disaster preparedness and relief
- Recreation and sports
- Social Science
- Youth Development
The following industries are not eligible for Google Ad Grants
- Governmental entities and organizations
- Hospitals and medical groups
- Schools, childcare centers, academic institutions and universities, (philanthropic arms of educational organizations are eligible)
Although receiving a Google Grant does allow these non-profits to fill their AdWords account with a copious daily budget, Google does hold fast to certain regulations that successful non-profits must follow in order to maintain their Grant status.
- Ads must link to only one nonprofit website URL (must be the same URL that was approved in the application)
- Actively manage the AdWords account with at least one login per month. Accounts that have not received at least one login per month, will be paused without notification.
- Ads must be a reflection of the organization’s mission. The keywords must be relevant to the nonprofit’s programs and services.
- Strictly commercial advertising is not allowed through this program. If your goal is to promote products and or services 100% of the sales and proceeds must support your program.
- Advertisements offering financial products are not allowed
- Your website cannot advertise with Google AdSense display advertisements or affiliate advertising links while participating in Google Ad Grants.
Below are a few esteemed organizations that The Google Grant program has sponsored.
The Fulbright Academy of Science & Technology
Drinking Water for India
Energy Action Coalition