YouTube Video - The fastest growing medium in history
YouTube - Quick Facts
- YouTube is the fastest growing medium in history.
- YouTube is the #1 online video site.
- YouTube is the second largest search engine (behind Google).
- YouTube is the third largest website in the world.
- YouTube boasts 4 billion+ video streams per day.
- 52% of people took action as a result of watching a YouTube video online.
- 60 hours of video content is uploaded to YouTube every minute.
- 70% of YouTube’s traffic comes from outside the United States.
- 72% of the US online population view a YouTube video at least once per week.
- Relevant videos appeal to customers and keep them.
- Allows businesses to demonstrate their products to customers in a creative way.
- On-demand so customers can view the YouTube content anytime.
YouTube Search Engine
- When a user searches on YouTube, keyword triggered videos will be shown to them with a high page position.
- By showing video suggestions based on their keywords, the ad is being seen by people who are already interested in what the business is offering.
- When a user views a video on YouTube, a link to other videos that a business has uploaded can be shown to the right of the video being viewed.
- Related videos make it much easier for people to find a business’s videos and learn learn about the business’s products or services while they are viewing videos about relevant topics or interests.
Content Display Network
- The YouTube video can also be shown on many of Google’s thousands of partner websites through the Google Display Network.
- YouTube advertisements can remarket to people who have visited the business’s website in the past, but who didn’t complete a desired action.
YouTube channels are a creative way to exhibit your brand’s unique account name and market type, highlight the public videos you’ve uploaded, and share your user information. YouTube channels build brand awareness, allow you to engage with your brand’s community, facilitate target market engagement, determine valuable insights as to who is interacting with your brand and how they are interacting, and much more.
There are three types of YouTube channels. The User Channel is the most common type of channel and allows video management and measurement. The Brand Channel allows video management, measurement and branding. The most advanced YouTube channel option is the Custom Brand Channel which allows for video management, measurement, branding, gadgets, user generated submissions, live streaming, and client services.
Auction Video Advertisements
Auction Video Advertisements (TrueView) use the cost-per-view (CPV) model. TrueView video ads give YouTube viewers the option to choose which video ads they want to watch and when. An advantage to TrueView video ads is that advertisers will not pay for views that were skipped. There are two types of TrueView advertisements. In-stream advertisements run before, during, or after videos on YouTube or on video partner sites and apps. In-stream ads give viewers an option to skip after 5 seconds of viewing. In-display advertisements appear in places like the YouTube search results, next to related videos, or on Google partner sites and applications. In-display advertisements entice viewers to click on a thumbnail to watch the video ad.
Homepage Mastheads are custom creatives that appear on the homepage of YouTube. Mastheads use the cost-per-day model and are best suited for a tremendously large volume of reach and engagement.
Lightbox Advertisements are best for connecting with the right customers and captivating audiences. Lightbox advertisements responsively combine ad assets like videos, image galleries, and maps to fill available ad spaces. They may also contain multiple videos, image galleries or a combination of these. use the cost-per-engagement model.
Reserve Video Advertisements
Reserve Video Advertisements are placements bought on a reservation basis, instead of through the AdWords auction. The reserve media placements ads use cost-per-thousand impressions so advertisers can anticipate how much they are willing to pay based on the amount of impressions they may use. These types of advertisements are best for achieving strong impression volume at a guaranteed rate.
What is YouTube Analytics?
YouTube Analytics is a reporting tool which shows businesses who is engaging with the business’s videos and channels and how they are engaging. YouTube Analytics allows businesses to analyze, interpret and understand specific metrics like audience retention, views and viewers, video rankings, ratings, favorites, and track comments and sharing information.
What are the benefits of using YouTube Analytics?
YouTube Analytics allows businesses to analyze how videos perform with easy to read, detailed data and statistics. Businesses can track viewer trends and compare views over time, learn where their traffic is coming from and analyze the locations in detail, and find out which of the videos are driving the most subscribers.
What does YouTube Analytics show?
- Audience retention
- Views and viewers
- Video rankings
Establish comparison points for future video analysis
- Track current and past viewer trends
- Overall demographic breakdown for a channel or video
- Male/female breakdown by age
- Breakdown by geographic location, gender and age
Know your audience
- Discover segments and where viewers watch videos
- Compare views and unique viewers over any time period
- Analyze views by video geography and date
Optimize your marketing strategy
- Optimize around key traffic sources
- Traffic segmentation by source
- Referrals from YouTube, outside of YouTube, mobile apps, and direct traffic
Track audience retention
- Maintain consistent video engagement
- View audience retention
- Track attention levels as the video plays
Discover videos that drive subscriptions
- Analyze net change in subscribers
- View net change in subscribers by video, geography and date
Identify attributes of engaging videos
- Analyze likes and dislikes by channel, video, geography, and region
- Track comments on videos
- View share trends by video, geography, date and sharing service